WHAT IS LITTLEBITS?
littleBits makes technology kits that are fun, easy-to-use, and infinitely creative. The kits are composed of electronic building blocks that are colour-coded, magnetic, and make complex technology simple and fun. Together they’re interchangeable in millions of different ways to empower kids to invent anything - from a sibling alarm, to a wireless robot, to a digital instrument.
LittleBits has been created to be used by everyone, regardless of age. Since people pick up technology at different paces, littleBits is designed so everyone can learn at their own speed. That’s why it’s used at every level of education, from elementary school all the way up to university and beyond.
HOW IT WORKS
littleBits is a platform of easy-to-use electronic building blocks that empower you to invent anything, from your own remote controlled car, to a smart home device. The Bits snap together with magnets, no soldering, no wiring, no programming needed.
POWERFUL STEAM LEARNING. SIMPLIFIED. Inspire your students to create solutions to real-world problems with littleBits and powerfulSTEAM/STEM learning.
EASY TO TEACH - Colour-coded electronic Bits snap together with magnets for foolproof inventing.
INVENTION-BASED LEARNING - Our method empowers students to engineer real world solutions through invention.
STEAM, THE NEW STEM - Adding ‘Art’ enables students to kickstart their creativity and develop creative confidence.
TIES TO STANDARDS - Lessons link to NGSS and Common Core Standards, making teaching fun AND effective. for more info & resources visit http://littlebits.cc/education
Code Kit | Education
Build games.Learn to code.
The secret to learning? Make. It. Fun. So this kit’s all about learning to build & code through games. With games, students embrace failure, make their own rules, think critically, and collaborate.
- 4+ hands-on inventions - Comes with everything students need to build & code 4 fun games (including hot potato and tug-of-war), then get creative and invent their own!
- 100+ activities & 10 lessons • Simple drag-and-drop code - The computer-based Code Kit app provides step-by-step instructions for easy, intuitive block-based programming.
- Fun & Engaging - Teaching coding through game design gets the whole class involved and makes it something they WANT to do.
- Easy to teach - The simplicity of littleBits + block programming, plus an abundance of resources, sets educators up for success - Even with no prior computer science experience.
- 16 Bits, 30+ accessories, tons of resources & a computer-based Code Kit app.
- Suitable for 1-3 students (Grades 3-8) • Recommended Age : 8+
STEAM Student Set | Education
The littleBits STEAM Student Kit is the easiest way to integrate powerful STEM/STEAM learning into the classroom. Designed with educators, the toolbox engages students in learning through creating inventions while linking to NGSS/Common Core standards.
- 8 INVENTION CHELLENGES with Bits & accessories, detailed instructions and companion lessons
- 72-PAGE STUDENT INVENTION GUIDE for group, educator-led or self-guided learning
- 100+ PAGE ONLINE TEACHER’S GUIDE with lessons, NGSS/Common Core links, and tips
- PRINTABLE INVENTION LOGS to guide students’ documentation & reflection.
- HUNDREDS OF LESSONS AND CHALLENGES at littleBits.cc/student-set and on the littleBits app
- 19 BITS including 2 POWER, 5 INPUT, 8 OUTPUT 4 WIRE and 47 ACCESSORIES
- Recommended Age : 8+